Monday, January 18, 2010
18
posted at 11:30 PM | Permalink |
This was supposedly Blue Monday - the saddest day of the year - (who comes up with these things?) - but I proved it could be anything but. I took a pleasant drive to Chatham, NY and found a positive slew of fantastic charming, hip and fun stores including a terrific yarn and many other things store, The Warm Ewe; Ralph's Cafe whose coffee is delicious and where they make their own chips and even asked if I wanted foam in my coffee and when I said yes enthusiastically offered me a "dry cappuchino" (a/k/a tons of foam) and thereby earned my undying fanship; The Chatham Bookstore that combines small with independent with modern with cool; a store called American Pie with tons of both useful and decorative stuff that will require time to explore further; an awesome pottery store; a bagel store; clothing stores for sports and chic; on and on and on.... and I cannot wait to go back for a whole day instead of couple of hours partly so I can also visit the Old Chatham Sheepherding farm and cheese company.

Labels: , ,




0 comments

Post a Comment