Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Charlie Wilson
posted at 4:33 PM | Permalink |
I don't mean to make light of it but teasing about it feels better than talking about being annoyed when it's not about me and not very polite to say my reactions matter at all. But I am tired of feeling slapped every few days recently and very sad that another person has died who was a compelling, complex, interesting character, a person who added so much in so many unpredictable ways to various corners and aspects of the world. More to the (self-centered) point, another person who profoundly influenced my awareness that grays are very important to see in people - as opposed to blacks and whites.

Charlie Wilson has died and the world is a quieter and less amusing (read: wild and crazy) and less intriguing (in all the meanings of that word) place as a result.

Charlie Wilson's Peace - Washington Post article, 8/2008

Labels: , ,




0 comments

Post a Comment